Good Afternoon Bloggers! Today’s post is inspired by “trees”!
Why trees? Well it happens to be one of my favourite pictures to take (apparently… judging by my portfolio folder)… so why not dedicate today to them. They provide such simplicity and yet such complexity with varying colours, shapes, heights, locations, positions, etc… what a great subject to photograph. I also like how they don’t complain they have been standing still for too long while I photograph them!….
So I got this new phone the other day. My phone died last weekend while I was partaking in some shenanigans… long story short… I have a new one! 🙂 One of the cool things on my phone is a photography art program where you can play around with your pictures and create effects… much like any other photography programs but I just like that it is on my phone! So I downloaded a few photographs and started playing with it for fun… here are some of the “tree shots” I have changed around.
Which one do you guys like? Hate? I appreciate all comments… thank you!
PS. Let me leave you with some fun tree trivia:
1. Trees are planted along long stretch of roads/streets as they provide glare and reflection control
2. Trees improve water quality by slowing and filtering rain water as well as protecting aquifers and watersheds.
3. The average tree in urban/metropolitan areas only lives about 8 years! (that’s VERY short in case you’re wondering)
4. The world’s oldest trees are 4,600 year old Bristlecone pines (USA)
- Without Trees (rudecactus.com)
- The Great 250 years old Banyan Tree (creativegenes.wordpress.com)
- Trees comma trees (natureofphotography.wordpress.com)
- Poems for Summer: “Trees” by Sarah Coleridge (verymontessori.com)
- Tree, Line (mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com)